Thursday, May 5, 2011

Epic Fail

So as I left my house this morning I grabbed my camera because I had every intention of photographing the "special snack" my class was making today.  However, when the time came for our class to make the "special snack" I totally forgot my intentions! oops!




(I did however steal this picture of what it sort of looked like off Google Images.)

Let me start of by saying this month our theme is about dirt. Today we talked with the children about things that you could find in dirt and how dirt has different layers. The children even brought in bags filled with dirt from home for show and tell. This afternoon in honor of dirt and Cinco de Mayo we made a layered chili cheese dip! I know it isn't the healthiest of snacks but not the most unhealthy either. Most of the children loved it, some where scared to try it, and some of them helped us make it! I really enjoy doing cooking activities with my class it's fun and delicious! We of course ate our dip with tortilla chips. Yum yum!

Recipe for Chili Cheese Dip:
1 pkg Reduced fat or fat-free cream cheese
1 can of turkey chili with beans
layer shredded cheddar cheese on top ( I used cheese from a local dairy and am pretty proud of myself for that. I know I'm lame.)
heat until cheese is melted

Wish me luck/ pray for me! Tomorrow and Monday, my co-teacher, Danyail is going on a much deserved vacation. Change in routine is very difficult for my class to handle, so I am expecting a couple rough days!

No comments:

Post a Comment