Monday, May 30, 2011

Saturday morning shenanigans!

This saturday we woke up with the intention of heading to a neighborhood yard sale, only to find out when we arrived that is was just a bunch of junk and no real treasures as the add had promised. We moved on to our second stop, the farmer's market. Which was a very successful trip! We picked up some blueberries, strawberries, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, kale, tomatoes, radishes and peas.

We're ready for our day!


Hayden loves peas!

I have a new found love of radishes!

We all love strawberries! 

Later on I made kale chips with the kale we bought. 


Easy and Yummy! 

EDIT:
Recipe for kale chips

a couple handfuls of kale (I measured by filling my colander)
1 TBS olive oil
season salt of your choice to taste.(I put it in my hand first to distribute it evenly) 

place on non-insulated baking sheet
on parchment paper
bake 10 mins on 300 or until they have crispy edges

1 comment:

  1. my favorite and oh so yummy no matter how they are cooked, kale! It looks like you guys had a good Saturday <3 I love the very first picture!

    ReplyDelete