Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!

As I mentioned in my first post, today is my 24th birthday, and it was a pretty darn good one too!

 I arrived at work and my directors had hung a happy birthday poster. (which they do for everyone and if I'm being honest here I didn't even take the time to look at it until lunch although I did realize it was there.)

 My kids and co-teacher (Danyail) (I'm a preschool teacher, for those who did not know.) made a card for me. Most of my kids even tried or did write their own names.

 During my lunch I headed to Target to look for gifts for a couple girl friends and a little girl in my class who has invited me to her party. That trip was only somewhat successful. 

This afternoon I was brought a small cake and a card from our office staff! My class, co-teacher, and the office staff sang a round of 'happy birthday' to me. Way to make a girl feel special!

I even had a parent sing 'happy birthday' to me! It feels great to be loved and appreciated by the kids and parents. 

When I got home I was taken out to eat. My parents, husband, kids, and bes friend took me to a local restaurant, tonight 10% of the proceeds went to a local food bank. 

When we got home I got all sorts of presents; ranging from a board game and piggy bank from my son and daughter, to a couples massage from my husband. to beer and peanuts from my dad . 


Shameless birthday vanity shot!
Now that everything has calmed down this girl is super tired and ready for bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment