Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It takes a village...

to raise a child! 

This was our message at church on Sunday and I tend to agree. We as parents and as people need to know when to ask for help and to surround ourselves and our children with people whom share similar values. 

Asking for help is a humbling experience, as most of you know we live with my parents. It's hard sometimes, but it's practical and sometimes practicality is what is needed and prideful tendencies have to be pushed to the side. I believe fully that pride can and will destroy you.


This is a picture of my kids that my mom took while we were at work/ running errands. 

1 comment:

  1. Parents weren't meant to raise their children in isolation- humans were meant to raise children in communities, so good for you guys utilizing your community. I think we'd have a country full of much happier people if they would involve themselves in their communities and invest in them <3

    ReplyDelete